Are you looking to get quite a bit done without investing hours of your day? What if you could use ingredients you already have on hand? Here’s a list of cleaning hacks for those of us looking to save time, money, and of course, sanity:
- Olive oil is a great option for cleaning stainless steel, such as pots, pans, and appliances. Put olive oil on a soft cloth and rub in a circular motion to buff out any dirty spots
- Rubbing alcohol and clear vodka have lots of cleaning benefits. Even white wine can be used for this cleaning hack. First blot the stain. Second, pour any type of clear alcohol, rubbing alcohol, vodka, or white wine onto the stain. Better than any other cleaning product.
- Shaving cream is a great way to remove water stains from shower glass. Apply the shaving cream and let it sit for 10-15 minutes, then wipe off. Voila!
- Mix one cup vinegar, half a cup of baking soda with hot water and pour into an empty tub and allow to sit for five minutes. Start filling the tub with hot water until it is approximately one-quarter filled, and let it sit for an additional five minutes. Then release drain and rinse thoroughly.
- Essential oils to clean the toilet. Mix one cup of baking soda with 10 drops of tea tree essential oil and 10 drops of lemon or orange essential oil. Let the mixture sit in the bowl for 30 minutes and scrub with a bowl brush before flushing.